Finding the Milne Library Website (the gateway to the library’s resources)
Searching for Books in the Library Catalog
Select the Library Catalog link at the top of the page on the library website. The catalog is a listing of Milne Library’s physical and electronic collections. Note the descriptions for the different collections that you can search. Note also that you can search the catalogs of the other SUNY libraries.
By selecting Any Field, you can enter keywords that will search for those words in the record for books (print and e-books) available at Milne Library. This search of the record will include author, title, subject, publisher, and contents. Use the drop-down menu at the left to search for a specific field such as Author, Title, or Subject. Use the drop-down menu at the right to search for Material Type and choose Books. Click on Search toward the bottom of the screen.
Example: dialogue* searches dialogue(s)
Example: “one-minute monologue*”
Search terms: monologue* LC Subject Headings: MONOLOGUES
**Sign in with your SUNY Oneonta username and password to get complete results and to request items from other SUNY libraries through Interlibrary Loan (Resource Sharing).
You can limit your results to those Held by Milne Library or Available Online (limiters on the left of results list). You can also change the order of the results from Relevance to Newest.
To Access electronic books in Milne Library:
1. Click on the title of the book.
2. Under View Online—Full text availability, link to any database listed and then to the full text of the book.
To Access print books in Milne Library:
1. Note the availability status. Books that are on loan can be requested on Interlibrary Loan from other libraries.
2. Go to Get It! and select Request Item for Remote Check Out.
3. The item will be checked out to you, and you will be notified by e-mail when it is available for pick-up at the Circulation Desk.
4. Using the information guide Library Floor Plans, find the book on the shelf, and check it out with your ID card at the Circulation Desk.
**Virtual Browse (at the bottom of selected records for print books) gives information about books on the shelf near the selected book title, which can also be useful for browsing related book titles.