Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

FAMS 340: Family Policy (Rombo): Home

Finding a Book Chapter

Finding a Law Review Journal Article

To find a Law Review on your topic, click on the "Advanced Options" below the main search box.  Make sure that you leave the Law Review option checked, and click Apply.

Databases for Human Development and Family Studies

Specialized subject databases sometimes contain articles not found in Search Everything or General Databases.

Finding Nonprofit and Government Websites

You can search for Government websites related to family policy by typing the name of your topic into a Search Engine, along with site:gov.  Combine the two with AND.

 For example:

"child support"  AND site:gov

To find a Nonprofit website related to your topic, type in your topic into a Search Engine along with "non-profit".  Combine the two with AND.

For example:

"child support"  AND "non profit"

Research Help

Librarians are available to help you in several ways:

  • Visit the Research Help Desk in Milne Library, located on your left after you enter the first floor through the main entrance or through Jazzman's Cafe.
  • Call the Research Help Desk at Milne Library at 436-2722. If the librarian is busy, you can leave a message on voice mail.
  • E-mail a question to a Milne librarian & get a response within 48 hours.
  • Request a research consultation to meet individually with a librarian.